BCT Partners is a national, multi-disciplinary consulting firm that delivers a full range of management consulting and information technology services. We combine subject matter expertise with industry experience to help public, private, and nonprofit organizations achieve lasting results. Our mission is to partner with our clients to identify their most critical challenges, offer expert advice, and deliver real-world solutions that transform business and society. BCT is a minority-owned and operated, small disadvantaged business enterprise and one of the leading firms in the country with expertise in the following markets: public sector (federal/state/local), health, pharmaceuticals and life sciences, education, community and social innovation, financial services and insurance, and energy.
BCT Partners seeks an experienced Grants Specialist to provide ongoing, prompt and accurate fiscal assistance to Head Start (HS) and Early Head Start (EHS) grantees and will support Federal staff with high quality grants management services. This position is based on-site at the Region VII Federal office in Kansas City, MO.
- Review and take action on applications so that they may be funded 30 days prior to a grantee’s refunding date. Prepare continuation Financial Assistance Awards (FAAs) with cover letters for mailing out 30 days prior to a grantee’s refunding date
- Prepare and track grants through review and funding process. Deliverables include completed grant review checklist, timely contact with grantees to resolve issues, negotiation sheets and FAAs prepared in Grants Solutions software, briefing meetings with program staff and with management, leading to the awarding of annual continuation grant awards, program improvement grant awards, cost-of-living grant awards, and one-time funding awards to grantees.
- Monitor timeliness, receipt and accuracy of grant applications, financial reporting documents and financial draw downs.
- Correspond with grantee staff on a regular basis.
- Monitor ongoing fiscal performance of grantees, evaluation of required fiscal reports, wage comparability study; resolution of audit findings and recommendations; and resolution of community/individual complaints.
- Prepare grant closeouts. Deliverables include completed closeout checklist, assurance that reports and audits have been reviewed for completeness and correctness, a closeout letter that is sent to the grantee, and a closeout award processed in the Grants Solutions software system.
- A minimum of a B.A. or B.S. Degree from an accredited university or college, with a preference for a degree in Accounting, Business Management, or a related field.
- Background and training in accounting and/or financial management, including audit resolution activities.
- Three years experience related to federal discretionary grants management non-profit or for-profit financial management, and regulatory compliance monitoring and oversight.
- Knowledge and experience with the administration of discretionary grants is required; with a preference for Head Start/Early Head Start Programs.
- Ability to communicate clearly, both orally and in writing.
- Experience with Grant Solutions preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities.
- Strong team player, with the ability to collaborate and work closely with Regional Office staff and other partners.
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients.
How to apply:
· Interested candidates should submit their resumes, three professional references, and a cover letter to http://www.bctpartners.com/careers/opportunities/job-posting/and include the Title in the subject line of your email.