BCT Partners is a national, multi-disciplinary consulting firm that delivers a full range of management consulting and information technology services. We combine subject matter expertise with industry experience to help public, private, and nonprofit organizations achieve lasting results. Our mission is to partner with our clients to identify their most critical challenges, offer expert advice, and deliver real-world solutions that transform business and society. BCT is a minority-owned and operated, small disadvantaged business enterprise and one of the leading firms in the country with expertise in the following markets: public sector (federal/state/local), health, pharmaceuticals and life sciences, education, community and social innovation, financial services and insurance, and energy.
The US Department of Health & Human Services (HHS) and the Office of Head Start (OHS) provide programmatic and financial support for its Head Start and Early Head Start Programs. Head Start and Early Head Start are comprehensive child development programs which serve children from birth to age five, pregnant women, and their families. These programs are child-focused and have the overall goal of increasing the school readiness of young children in low-income families. For this engagement, BCT will be focused on the Head Start and Early Head Start grants and Early Head Start – Child Care Partnership grants (EHS-CCP) administered by the Office of Head Start in San Francisco, CA. BCT partners is seeking a Program Specialist to provide grants and information management support to OHS.
- Initiate frequent and ongoing communication with assigned grantees regarding grant applications, program status and activities, and overall HS grant-funded operations.
- Ensure grantees receive pertinent information from Office of Head Start (OHS), including Information Memorandums, Program Instructions, and OHS announcements regarding initiatives, priorities, and quality expectations.
- Provide ongoing assistance to grantees by facilitating the interpretation and understanding of Federal HS Performance Standards.
- Provide consistent oversight and support to grantees to ensure full compliance with all Federal regulations.
- Maintain detailed and complete official electronic grant files, records pertaining to the receipt and tracking of grant applications and the grant review process, including negotiations and any post-award change requests.
- Participate in onsite monitoring visits, including follow ups and desk reviews as part of the monitoring review system.
- Participate in onsite yearly grantee visits as scheduled by the Regional Office.
- Review programmatic status reports, Program Information Report (PIR) data, monitoring data, monitor review findings, and work with programs to resolve any issues, noncompliance’s or deficiencies.
- Utilize the GrantSolutions and Head Start Enterprise System (HSES) as needed.
- Provide ongoing program support to grantees, including working in partnership with the Region IX TA System to ensure grantees receive the necessary support.
- Participate in seminars and special training events or other activities as requested by OHS.
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience Required:
A successful candidate should have:
- BA or BS degree from an accredited university or college, in Education, Early Childhood Education, Child Development, Program Management/Design, or related field.
- 5+ years of experience providing program support and/or management.
- Experience with program and data analysis.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Head Start Performance Standards, all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations, child development, and program operations.
- Ability to provide ongoing monitoring support to grant-funded programs.
- Proficient computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making capabilities.
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients.
How to apply:
Interested candidates should submit their resumes, three professional references, and a cover letter to http://www.bctpartners.com/careers/opportunities/job-posting/and include the Title in the subject line of your email.