BCT Partners (BCT) is a national, multi-disciplinary consulting firm that delivers a full range of research, consulting, training, technology, and analytics services. Our mission is to provide insights about diverse people the lead to equity. Our vision is a world where a greater understanding of diverse people leads to equity. By 2022, we endeavor to be a national leader in helping organizations make better decisions, improve outcomes and amplify their impact toward a more equitable society.
BCT is a minority-owned and operated, small disadvantaged business enterprise and one of the leading firms in the country with expertise in the following industries: housing and community development, economic development, workforce development, health, children and families, pharmaceuticals and life sciences, education, diversity and inclusion, and energy. BCT offers the following services:
- Research: BCT’s Research & Evaluation practice manages the entire lifecycle of assessment, research and evaluation investigations to yield insights to difficult questions. We employ multi-disciplinary teams to examine inherently multi-disciplinary issues by utilizing qualitative, quantitative and mixed-methods research methods.
- Training: BCT’s Training & Technical Assistance practice builds organizational capacity, strengthens communities, and improves the quality of life. We deliver a full-range of organizational development and capacity building services such as workshops, seminars, webinars, eLearning, strategy, planning, program management, conferences, event planning and more.
- Consulting: BCT’s Management Consulting practice offers strategic business services such as strategy, planning, business analysis, program management, project management and more. Our consulting services enable our customers to increase efficiencies, enhance effectiveness and foster innovation.
- Technology: BCT’s Information Technology practice delivers a full-range of technology services to design, develop, implement and test systems. We leverage our specialized capabilities in operations and maintenance, application development, information management, and performance management to deliver business and stakeholder value.
- Analytics: BCT’s Data Analytics & Business Intelligence practice combines descriptive analytics, predictive analytics and prescriptive analytics. Our services span the areas of big data, development and integration, master data management, data quality and governance, regulatory and compliance, end-to-end data management services (ETL), application management, quality assurance and testing.
A partial list of BCT’s clients includes the following: Citigroup, ExxonMobil, PNC Bank, General Motors, Walmart, PwC, Microsoft, Facebook, Hewlett-Packard, Pfizer, Merck, Johnson & Johnson, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, Prudential, Ford Foundation, Rockefeller Foundation, Annie E. Casey Foundation, Knight Foundation, Mary Reynolds Babcock Foundation, Northwest Area Foundation, United Way, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, U.S. Department of Labor, U.S. Small Business Administration, U.S. Department of Justice, U.S. Department of the Treasury, U.S. Department of Agriculture, U.S. Department of Commerce, and U.S. Department of Education.
Whether you operate in the public, private, nonprofit, or educational sector, BCT is Your Partner in Solutions that Matter.
Position Summary – Key Roles and Responsibilities
BCT seeks to hire a Culture, Diversity & Inclusion Senior Consultant to expand our capacity in the following key roles and responsibilities (including the anticipated full-time equivalent (FTE) level of effort):
- Culture, Diversity and Inclusion Strategist (70% FTE) – Consult with clients to create enterprise/functional culture, diversity and inclusion strategies.
- Manage projects and support programs that capitalize on client’s workforce, workplace and marketplace culture, diversity and inclusiveness opportunities.
- Demonstrate analytical skills and ability to translate metrics, research, and trends into a sustainable culture, diversity and inclusion strategy.
- Serve as subject matter expert and liaison to clients in developing strategic plans to attract/develop/retain diverse talent by analyzing their current state and implementing initiatives to achieve their desired future state.
- Facilitate qualitative research (i.e. in-depth interviews and focus groups) and help design and implement quantitative research (i.e. surveys) related to cultural assessments, diversity and inclusion assessments, regretted loss assessments, and the like.
- Facilitate strategy sessions, brainstorming sessions, ideation sessions, and other planning sessions with stakeholders representing different levels, departments, functions, roles and responsibilities within the client’s organization.
- Conduct benchmarking and research to identify best-in-class approaches to culture, diversity and inclusion initiatives and identify potential new programs.
- Consult on fresh, relevant, modern enterprise culture, diversity and inclusion educational programs
- Leverage technology and data to create workforce and workplace strategies that foster a pipeline of diverse talent, optimize differences, and deliver innovations to the marketplace
- Influence, educate, lead and build culture, diversity and inclusion capability with key stakeholders related to the client’s business, human resources, communications, marketing, community relations, and other groups/members in operationalizing culture, diversity and inclusion initiatives for enterprise wide implementation.
- Deliver culture, diversity and inclusion content in a variety of forums to audiences that include frontline employees and global business leaders.
- Build and maintain positive relationships internally and externally.
- Culture, Diversity and Inclusion Trainer/Facilitator (30% FTE) – Design and deliver effective culture, diversity and inclusion training, learning and development (L&D) programs.
- Consult and recommend agile learning solutions, design, development, and implementation of L&D programs, for different employee populations, to ensure that clients are building a diverse, inclusive and inspiring workplace with new ways of thinking and working.
- Manage and provide oversight for L&D programs such as diverse leaders development programs, executive leaders development programs, and other talent development programs.
- Provide instructional design and delivery of content (e.g., presentation slides, participant’s workbooks, handouts, etc.) on topics that include, but are not limited to Valuing Diversity & Inclusion, Inclusive Management, Unconscious Bias, Implicit Bias, Microinequities and Microaffirmations.
- Collaborate to recommend, design, develop, evaluate, and maintain creative learning solutions that include, but are not limited to eLearning, video, mobile, activities, assessments, job aids, classroom experiences, blended learning experiences, and Virtual Reality (VR).
- Partner with team to effectively select and apply alternative training mediums and methods (e.g., self-study, online, classroom training, blended, etc.) to improve skill development and accommodate distance learning, learning styles, and cultural differences.
- Assist in the design and development of graphics, illustrations and other visuals to represent diverse and inclusive images and content.
Position Summary – Other Roles and Responsibilities:
The Culture, Diversity & Inclusion Senior Consultant will assume the following additional roles and responsibilities:
- Provide oversight for a portfolio of projects.
- Establish processes and standard operating procedures (SOPs) that lead to the more efficient and effective delivery of products and services.
- Provide leadership in establishing BCT's Culture, Diversity and Inclusion (CDI) practice and strategic direction.
- Establish, maintain, and cultivate relationships with culture, diversity and inclusion organizations including colleges, universities, institutes, think tanks, large firms, and other small businesses.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with culture, diversity and inclusion customers to ensure satisfaction and grow business.
- Increase BCT’s visibility in our target markets by further establishing the company as an industry leader.
- Support business development executives in their marketing, sales, and capture efforts, as needed.
- Manage several simultaneous engagements related to culture, diversity and inclusion.
- Work with a team of management consultants, subject matter experts, qualitative researchers, quantitative researchers, business analysts, and data scientists on the delivery of projects.
- With support from a Project Management Coordinator and Contract Administrator:
- Coordinate appropriate allocation of resources.
- Develop schedules and establish priorities to facilitate implementation.
- Create budgets and workplans for each assignment.
- Recruit, orient and manage the teams for each assignment. This includes creating subcontracts and reviewing subcontractor invoices.
- Provide the highest quality of customer service and work to strengthen client relationships.
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience Required:
A successful candidate will have the following:
- Passion for culture, diversity and inclusion
- Deep experience with culture, diversity and inclusion with a track record of achieving results
- Bachelor's degree in a related field and 8+ years of proven success in culture, diversity and inclusion consulting, including successfully delivering diversity and inclusion strategies and plans in large organizations and developing high quality briefings, reports and presentations that tell a seamless story
- Knowledge and understanding about an array of culture, diversity and inclusion global practices, challenges, and resources
- Ability to work on multiple projects requiring research and data analytics
- Ability to design innovative approaches, developing a set of priorities, and delivering on plans
- Ability to develop templates and tools to provide guidance and support to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to take initiative and independently manage several tasks and projects simultaneously with attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a team environment
- Skillful ability to use the Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Proven leadership and management skills
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Excellent creative and critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Skilled communicator – written, verbally, and as an active and engaged listener
- Ambitious, detail-oriented, professional, and self-directed work ethic
- Strong influence skills
- Ability to manage ambiguities
- Ability to navigate multiple priorities with ease and a highly professional demeanor
- Ability to stand alone/challenge status quo, as well as engage in candid discussion/debate
- A diverse set of experiences and skills that enable out of the box thinking and solutions
- Ability to prioritize multiple and dynamic tasks, as needed
- Ability to manage ad hoc projects
- Innovative and skilled in providing advanced ideation
- Familiarity and/or experience with Design Thinking a plus
Interested candidates should submit their resumes, along with a cover letter through the Careers page on our website at www.bctpartners.com.