Join one of the most effective organizing teams in today’s labor movement.
Bring your skills to one of the fastest growing unions in America. Nurses on the frontlines after the pandemic are doing some of the most crucial organizing. Nurses are organizing nationwide including winning the largest hospital victory in the South since 1975.
National Nurses United/ California Nurses Association is now hiring committed staff for groundbreaking organizing campaigns and dynamic representational efforts nationwide.
The National Nurses Union is recognized as one of the most valuable national unions by the Nation Magazine’s John Nichols for our fearless social unionism that gets results. Help us transform the market-driven healthcare industry in the United States into a health care system based on patient need by building a national movement for Registered Nurse power.
Across the country, we seek experienced organizers, who want to return to the progressive values that started them working in the labor movement, as well as seasoned activists who want to learn to become union organizers.
We are seeking committed organizers for exciting union organizing drives to develop strong nurse leaders and build an effective organization with the power to fight and win improvements both inside the hospitals and for the working class at large.
Mobilize for member-based power with a union that rejects corporate partnerships that sell out workers, and is committed to social change.
Do the work that you love with a supportive team of highly competent staff who treat each other with respect and pitch in to build a movement for healthcare justice and to change the world.
* Identify, recruit, train, develop and inspire RN leaders through one-on-one and group communication
* Build and maintain RN organization in the workplace
* Organize and lead productive meetings
* Develop and implement successful tactics to win union organizing elections against employer opposition
* Organize community coalition and other political actions to advance our movement
* Help to organize and run large actions such as picket lines, strikes, and marches
* Perform administrative tasks necessary for organizing (such as maintaining databases, producing materials, and correspondence)
* Experience as an organizer in union or social justice movement setting
* Willing to work long, irregular hours (including nights and weekends), as needed
* Extensive travel as needed
* Commitment to social change and to carrying out the vision and program of the organization
* Ability to work with minimal supervision
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to work in a team setting
* Commitment to organizational discipline
* Ability to work with a diverse, multi-cultural membership
* Ability to speak one of the following languages a plus: Tagalog, Ilocano, Illonggo
* Valid driver’s license and insured car
Anticipated starting range is $61,516.92 -$111,792 dependent on skills and experience. Generous benefits package, family and domestic partner coverage. In your cover letter please indicate your geographic preferences and restrictions, your ability to travel, including whether you have a valid driver’s license and insured car.
Submit your résumé and cover letter today by clicking the "Apply" button.
Please be sure to fill out the one page online application form.
Watch Executive Director Bonnie Castillo, RN outline why nurses are on the frontlines of the fight for Medicare for All: https://vimeo.com/318536393
The California Nurses Association/National Nurses Organizing Committee is a premiere organization of registered nurses and one of the nation’s fastest growing labor and professional organizations in the U.S. and a strong, progressive voice for nurses, patients and healthcare workers around the world. We are seeking a like-minded and experienced professional who believes in our mission with a personal dedication to social justice issues to be our Organizer.
CNA/NNOC is committed to Equal Opportunity, and to considering applicants of all ages, races, sexual orientations, national origins, ethnicities, and religions. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds and experiences related to our core organizational values and objectives to apply.