- Large horticultural enterprise
- Team leadership role
This well-established, local business has operated in the horticultural industry for over 50 years supplying both the domestic and international market with quality fruit, nuts and vegetables. Based in the heart of the Murrumbidgee Irrigation Area, this company takes pride in the quality of their produce, which has seen an increase in demand across all lines. From this demand, an Orchard Operations Manager is required to grow the business.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Orchard Operations Manager will oversee all day-to-day almond orchard operations to ensure production efficiency, quality, services and cost-effective management of resources.
- Support the permanent plantings team to implement orchard production schedules
- Oversee the management of the almond tree nursery
- Oversee the scheduling and operation of the irrigation systems
- Supervise the maintenance team to ensure equipment is maintained and operational
- Oversee the collection of data and record keeping of all permanent planting personnel
- Manage, mentor and develop orchard operational staff
Skills and Experience
- Proven farm operations experience in a medium to large-scale horticultural enterprise
- Hands-on experience in almond production, or similar nut tree-crop production
- Experience with financial, commercial and planting decisions
- Demonstrated ability to develop work plans and achieve the goals of these plans
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Leadership skills and the ability to work effectively in a team
- Sound working knowledge of WHS requirements
- Strong computer literacy skills
- Post-secondary qualifications in horticulture, agriculture or similar (highly desirable)
- Current drivers licence
An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated to reflect skills and experience.
How To Apply
For a confidential discussion, please contact Sarah Malik on +61 8 8201 9999.
Apply online with a resume and cover letter via the ‘Apply’ button, or alternatively via email to email@example.com quoting reference number SM3102.
The Lucas Group
The Lucas Group is dedicated to providing the agricultural industries with HR consultancy, executive search and recruitment services. As Australia’s premier agribusiness recruitment agency, we search regionally, nationally and globally to identify highly skilled candidates who possess passion and aptitude for the agribusiness industries.