Local Truck Driver CDL B Route Delivery $3,000 Sign on Bonus
**No experience necessary** New CDL Graduates and permit holders encouraged to apply** (permit holders must have For-Hire license)
$3,000 sign-on bonus: $1K paid after 6 months, $1K paid after 9 mos, $1K paid after 12 mos.
Piazza Produce, a FreshEdge company, is committed to supplying a wide array of food service leaders with the highest quality and freshest fruit and vegetables on the market today. Since 1970, we’ve provided our customers with the utmost service experience. Due to continued growth, Piazza Produce is looking for ambitious, self-motivated candidates with a positive attitude for Local Delivery Driver Non CDL Box Truck positions with a growing company! Competitive pay, full benefits, steady routes, and home every night!
- Average annual salary $70,000 per year, which includes:
- $100 layover for each overnight
- Overtime after 40 hours per week
- Scheduled $0.50/hour annual increase (may vary)
- $3,000 sign-on bonus: $1K paid after 6 months, $1K paid after 9 mos, $1K paid after 12 mos.
- Work 55-65 hours per week
- Weekly paychecks
- Career advancement opportunities
After 90 days of employment:
- Health & Welfare Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental, Disability and Life)
- PTO and Holidays:
- 2 weeks vacation for every calendar year and 3 PTO days per year (prorated)
- 4 working Holidays paid; 2 non-working Holidays paid: Thanksgiving Day & Christmas
- After 1 year of employment; 401(k) plan provides a matching contribution of the first 4% of compensation
- Monday-Saturday; 5-6 days per week; work week starts Sunday night/Monday morning
- Start times vary, typically between 10pm-4am; work until work is done
- Routes may vary - Local routes are home daily, Regional routes are 3 days a week (home every other night)
- Most Sundays off (some routes begin Sunday nights); some weekend/Holiday work (except Thanksgiving & Christmas)
- Routes can be 3-15 stops per day
- Palletized freight, dock deliveries to grocery warehouses and retail chains in IN, OH, MI, KY, IL
- Unload pallets using manual pallet jack; some pallet breakdown and hand unload
- Must be flexible with work schedule
- Routes can change anytime throughout the day
- Backing in and out of docks
- Transport materials and equipment to specific route destinations
- Provide excellent customer service
- Checking mechanical aspects of the vehicle
- Reporting maintenance/repair issues on tractors and trailers
- Must be flexible with work schedule; days and times. Weekends and Holidays included
- Must pass DOT drug screen and physical, the company’s post offer-pre work screen, and a criminal background screen
- Hold a valid CDL B Driver´s License or permit, with air-brakes endorsement (permit holders must have For-Hire license)
- Be able to stand, sit, kneel, bend, lift, push, pull for extended periods and have normal use of senses
- Able to work in all types of environments and under difficult conditions; hot, cold, dust, indoors, outdoors
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S.
- Be able to lift, push, pull 50 pounds with no assistance
- Be able to use a manual pallet jack and occasionally hand unload
PHYSICAL ABILITIES commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands to grasp, manipulate or feel objects.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Please apply by forwarding your resume or call Recruiting Department 224-208-1739