We are a national, multi-disciplinary consulting firm that delivers a full range of research, consulting, training, technology and analytics services. We combine subject matter expertise with industry experience to help public, private, and nonprofit organizations achieve lasting results. We partner with our clients to identify their most critical challenges, offer expert advice, and deliver real-world solutions that transform business and society. BCT is a minority-owned and operated, small disadvantaged business enterprise and one of the leading firms in the country with expertise in the following industries: housing and community development, economic development, workforce development, health, children and families, pharmaceuticals and life sciences, education, diversity and inclusion, and energy.
We invite and welcome to our team people who share our values and goals; those with a passion for making the world a better place, who see strength in our diversity, seek equal opportunity access for all communities and are motivated to create a more equitable and just society. We appreciate the knowledge, abilities, and ideas of each individual and embrace his/her/their positive contributions to our collaborative and dynamic work environment.
This position supports several BCT clients. A majority of the work will be with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Administration for Community Living (ACL) Office of Information Resources Management (OIRM). The mission of HHS ACL is to maximize the independence, well-being, and health of older adults, people with disabilities across the lifespan, and their families and caregivers. ACL’s Office of Information Resources Management (OIRM), located within the Center for Management and Budget (CMB), works with ACL’s program centers to provide and transform information technology services in support of programs serving older Americans and Americans with disabilities.
ACL’s goal is to identify, develop, operate and secure a portfolio of new and existing systems that better support the needs of its program, increase system security, and/or reduce the cost for system development and operations. These technology solutions must comply with a complex set of laws and regulations, as well as user and reporting requirements, and must be sustainable and easily adaptable as program and compliance requirements evolve.
OIRM operates across four segments, all reporting to the ACL Chief Information Officer: 1) IT Portfolio Management (ITPM), 2) Enterprise Digital Strategies & Solutions (EDSS), 3) Policy, and 4) Administrative Support. These segments are cohesive and must work in concert to achieve effective results. OIRM has contracted with BCT Partners to provide support to EDSS.
The Project Coordinator provides ongoing, prompt and accurate project coordination, account management and employee liaison support to EDSS and other BCT clients as assigned. This position provides support to the ACL Project Management Officer as they lead the overall project. The Project Coordinator will be a highly organized self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to adapt quickly and build rapport with technical and non-technical colleagues.
Project Coordination & Administration:
- Monitor and maintain project plans, project schedules, work hours, budgets and expenditures; create and manage internal project team calendar
- Organize, attend and participate in stakeholder meetings; manage and lead internal project team meetings
- Document and follow up on important actions and decisions from meetings; ensure project deadlines are met
- Provide administrative support: complete monthly reports, manage proper invoicing and billing in coordination with BCT’s accounting staff; perform purchasing and other administrative tasks as needed
- Ensure projects adhere to frameworks and all documentation is maintained appropriately for each project; undertake additional project tasks as required
- Develop project strategies; assess project risks and issues and provide solutions where applicable
- Collegially engage and influence stakeholders to ensure they stay focused on project goals and desired outcomes.
Account Management – Client and Partners
- Manage a portfolio of staffing engagements that require onsite teams to work in an integrated way with the client (e.g. contract staff, staff augmentation, temporary staffing); portfolio generally ranges from 3 to 7 projects
- Understand the all aspects of projects including, but not limited to, business case, statement of work, partner relationships, budget, resource requirements, contractual obligations, deliverables, and key milestones
- Coordinate the onboarding and/or kickoff of staffing engagements
- Manage relationships with clients and customers; serve as client and/or partner point of contact for contractual issues, and concerns that cannot be addressed by onsite staff
- Coordinate periodic project reviews of the contract obligations, budget and related matters with BCT’s PMO and Accounting teams
- Serve as a point of contract for all employees (e.g. temporary, full-time, or part-time) affiliated with portfolio projects; coordinate support for personnel specific issues
- Review, approve, and reject employee timesheets and expense requests as applicable
- Coordinate employee performance reviews with appropriate Operations and HR team members
Perform other reasonable tasks as assigned by management in support of BCT’s goals and objectives.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college
- 10+ years of professional experience coordinating projects and managing administrative activities desired; experience working with technology teams and government agencies a plus
- Experience coordinating projects across multiple remote teams and individuals, ensuring tasks, documents and deadlines are all effectively managed and met; able to facilitate project work- sessions and support technical decision-making
- Experience using Agile, Scrum, DeveOps, and /or DevSecOps methodologies for solutions and operations/maintenance is a plus
- Demonstrated personal experience with Web applications development, and experience working with teams that design, develop, implement and support software solutions in a cloud-based environment; expertise with a multi-cloud environment is also a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the proven ability to listen, collaborate and build relationships with staff, clients, remote colleagues, supervisors and others
- Proven ability to effectively communicate (both verbally and orally) and provide guidance and support to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong organizational, administrative and project coordination skills, and the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities
- Able to, both independently and collaboratively, solve problems, make decisions and support change, exercise sound judgment ask questions and be open to the input and decisions of others
- Occasional travel within the US is required; (5 – 10%) estimated
 Job descriptions serve to provide guidance and information regarding position responsibilities and job expectations. BCT Partners reserves the right, where permitted by law, to modify position responsibilities, sometimes without notice or written updates to the job description documents.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and cover letters to BCT Partners via email@example.com. BCT Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We appreciate the diversity of our communities and encourage candidates of all races, colors, ages, religions, sex, sexual orientations, gender identities, national origins, veteran or disability statuses to apply for BCT positions. No phone calls or in-person applications, please.