Local Truck Driver CDL B Route Delivery
**No experience necessary** New CDL Graduates and permit holders encouraged to apply** (permit holders required to have For-Hire endorsement)
Since 1947, Indianapolis Fruit, a FreshEdge LLC company, has been delivering fresh fruits and vegetables to our valued retail partners to feed the Midwest. Due to continued growth, Indianapolis Fruit is looking for an ambitious, self-motivated candidates with a positive attitude to fill Local Truck Driver CDL B Route Delivery positions with a growing company! Competitive mileage pay, full benefits, steady routes, consistent schedules, and home every other night!
- Average annual salary $70,000 per year, which includes:
- $100/layover for each overnight
- Overtime after 40 hours per week
- Scheduled annual increase $0.50/hour (may vary)
- Work 55-65 hours per week
- Weekly paychecks
- Career advancement opportunities to mileage driver with steady routes and paid training
After 90 days of employment:
- Health & Welfare Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Supplemental, Disability and Life)
- PTO and Holidays:
- 2 weeks vacation for every calendar year and 3 PTO days per year (prorated)
- 4 working Holidays paid; 2 non-working Holidays paid: Thanksgiving Day & Christmas
- After 1 year of employment; 401(k) plan provides a matching contribution of the first 4% of compensation
- Monday-Saturday; 5-6 days per week
- Work every Saturday; off every Sunday and one other day off during the week
- Start times vary, typically between 12am-5am; work until work is done
- Routes may vary - Local routes are home daily, Regional routes are 3 days a week (home every other night)
- Routes can be 3-10stops per day
- Palletized freight, dock deliveries to grocery warehouses and retail chains
- Unload pallets using manual pallet jack; some pallet breakdown and hand unload
- Must be flexible with route changes.
- Must be flexible with work schedule; days and times. Weekends and Holidays included
- Must pass DOT drug screen and physical, the company’s post offer-pre work screen, and a criminal background screen
- Hold a valid CDLB Driver´s License, endorsements as required by vehicle and able to drive automatic transmission
- Be in excellent physical condition and be able to stand, sit, kneel, bend, lift, push, pull for extended periods and have normal use of senses
- Able to work in all types of environments and under difficult conditions; hot, cold, dust, indoors, outdoors
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S.
- Must be able to read, speak, write, and understand English
- Be able to lift, push, pull 50 pounds with no assistance
- Be able to use a manual pallet jack and occasionally hand unload
PHYSICAL ABILITIES commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands to grasp, manipulate or feel objects.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.