This position supports BCT’s client, the US Department of Health & Human Services (HHS), Administration of Children and Families (ACF), Office of Head Start (OHS). OHS’ mission is to promote school readiness by enhancing the social and cognitive development of low-income children through health, educational, nutritional, social, and other services, as necessary. The Head Start Regional Office is the funding agency to grantees that provide Head Start (HS) and Early Head Start (EHS) services to pregnant women and children from birth to age 5. OHS provides oversight of these grantees through monitoring and technical assistance, often with the support of partners like BCT. BCT takes great pride in supporting our clients: the OHS Regional Office, its grantees and the communities they serve.
The Program Support Specialist provides grants and information management support to our Clients. This includes performing data management, records management, data analyses, and complex report creation, all while following and meeting federal grant guidelines and requirements. He/she/they will be a critical thinker with outstanding attention to details and an eye towards process improvement.
- Collect, aggregate, enter and update data maintained in existing government systems, databases and spreadsheets; perform research, analyze data and manage records to support grants.
- Apply knowledge of federal grant guidelines to identify, suggest and implement improvements that support more efficient processes.
- Analyze data from numerous databases and Web-based systems, develop reports and write analytical data summaries for executive-level clients.
- Drawing on data from numerous sources, prepare presentations using Microsoft PowerPoint, draft executive memos and create complete reports using Microsoft Excel and Access.
Perform other reasonable tasks as assigned by management in support of BCT’s goals and objectives.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, finance, non-profit or public policy administration, or related fields from an accredited university or college.
- At least 3 years of professional experience with complex information and data management; grants management experience is a plus.
- Experience aggregating, analyzing, charting, graphing and reporting on data gathered from multiple sources.
- Knowledge of the federal grant guidelines and the Federal Grant Life Cycle are desired.
- Strong organizational, administrative and project coordination skills, and the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Experience with Head Start/Early Head Start or other early childhood programs or working within a Head Start program is a plus.
- Knowledge of Head Start Program Performance Standards and all applicable federal, state and local laws also a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the proven ability to collaborate and build relationships with staff, clients, remote colleagues and supervisors, and others.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate (both verbally and orally), exercise sound judgment, ask questions and be open to the input and decisions of others.
- Able to, both independently and collaboratively, solve problems, make decisions and support change.
- Computer, Internet and general proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word and PowerPoint; advanced knowledge and experience with Microsoft Excel is required.
 Job descriptions serve to provide guidance and information regarding position responsibilities and job expectations. BCT Partners reserves the right, where permitted by law, to modify position responsibilities, sometimes without notice or written updates to the job description documents.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and cover letters via our Careers website or our email email@example.com . BCT Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We appreciate the diversity of our communities and encourage candidates of all races, colors, ages, religions, sex, sexual orientations, gender identities, national origins, veteran or disability statuses to apply for BCT positions. No phone calls or in-person applications, please.