We are a national, multi-disciplinary consulting firm that delivers a full range of management consulting and information technology services. We combine subject matter expertise with industry experience to help public, private, and nonprofit organizations achieve lasting results. We partner with our clients to identify their most critical challenges, offer expert advice, and deliver real-world solutions that transform business and society. BCT is a minority-owned and operated, small disadvantaged business enterprise and one of the leading firms in the country with expertise in the following markets: public sector (federal/state/local), health, pharmaceuticals and life sciences, education, community and social innovation, financial services and insurance, and energy.
We invite and welcome to our team people who share our values and goals; those with a passion for making the world a better place, who see strength in our diversity, seek equal opportunity access for all communities and are motivated to create a more equitable and just society. We appreciate the knowledge, abilities, and ideas of each individual and embrace his/her/their positive contributions to our collaborative and dynamic work environment.
This position supports the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Administration for Community Living (ACL) Office of Information Resources Management (OIRM). The mission of HHS ACL is to maximize the independence, well-being, and health of older adults, people with disabilities across the lifespan, and their families and caregivers. ACL’s Office of Information Resources Management (OIRM), located within the Center for Management and Budget (CMB), works with ACL’s program centers to provide and transform information technology services in support of programs serving older Americans and Americans with disabilities.
ACL’s goal is to identify, develop, operate and secure a portfolio of new and existing systems that better support the needs of its program, increase system security, and/or reduce the cost for system development and operations. These technology solutions must comply with a complex set of laws and regulations, as well as user and reporting requirements, and must be sustainable and easily adaptable as program and compliance requirements evolve. OIRM operates across four segments, all reporting to the ACL Chief Information Officer: 1) IT Portfolio Management (ITPM), 2) Enterprise Digital Strategies & Solutions (EDSS), 3) Policy, and 4) Administrative Support. These segments are cohesive and must work in concert to achieve effective results. OIRM has contracted with BCT Partners to provide support to EDSS.
The Data Scientist(DS) will work closely with the Client Project Manager and BCT project consultants. Internally, the DS would work with the BCT Project Manager and operation departments to identify areas that could be streamlined or improved through the use of technology. The DS will utilize their analytical, statistical, and programming skills to collect, analyze, and interpret large data sets. The DS will then use this information to develop data-driven solutions to difficult business challenges.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Use predictive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, ad targeting and other business outcomes.
- Develop company A/B testing framework and test model quality.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience Required:
In general, a successful candidate will have the following:
- 5-7 years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models
- Master’s or PHD in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field, and is familiar with the following software/tools:
- Coding knowledge and experience with several languages: C, C++, Java,
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Experience using statistical computer languages (R, Python, SLQ, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
Technically, a successful candidate should have experience in the following areas:
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques: GLM/Regression, Random Forest, Boosting, Trees, text mining, social network analysis, etc.
- Experience querying databases and using statistical computer languages: R, Python, SLQ, etc.
- Experience using web services: Redshift, S3, Spark, DigitalOcean, etc.
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
- Experience analyzing data from 3rd party providers: Google Analytics, Site Catalyst, Coremetrics, Adwords, Crimson Hexagon, Facebook Insights, etc.
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Gurobi, MySQL, etc.
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using: Periscope, Business Objects, D3, ggplot, Tableau and PowerBi
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and cover letters to BCT Partners via email@example.com. BCT Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We appreciate the diversity of our communities and encourage candidates of all races, colors, ages, religions, sex, sexual orientations, gender identities, national origins, veteran or disability statuses to apply for BCT positions. No phone calls or in-person applications, please.