Local Truck Driver CDL A Route Delivery
McCartney Produce, a FreshEdge LLC company, has been in business since 1947. Over the decades, the company has grown from a small produce wholesaler delivering to independent grocers and small restaurants, to servicing a broad spectrum of customers. Due to continued growth we are currently accepting applications for Local Truck Driver CDL Class A Route Delivery to work out of a satellite location in Memphis, TN. Enjoy competitive pay, full benefits, and a stable work environment with a growing company.
Compensation for the Local Truck Driver CDL Class A Route Delivery
- Approximate annual salary $65,000-$75,000 per year which includes:
- Hourly wage of $19.00-$20.00/per hour, based on experience
- Overtime paid after 40 hours per week
- Typical work week is 45-50 hours per week
Benefits for the Local Truck Driver CDL Class A Route Delivery
- Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, and Voluntary Life
- PTO (Personal and Vacation Days) - 90 Days
- Holidays - 90 Days
- Career advancement opportunities
Work Schedule for the Local Truck Driver CDL Class A Route Delivery
- 4-5 day work weeks
- Some weekends included but off at least 2 weekends per month
- Work week starts Sunday night and work days will vary.
- Off at least one weekend day and one other day during the week.
- Start times vary, typically around 10pm; work until work is completed, usually 12-14 hours per day
- No layovers, home every day
- Make 5-15 stops per day
- Route delivery, driver unload, using 2-wheel dolly and ramp or lift-gate
- Touch freight, case delivery of food-grade products to restaurants, schools, and retail
Responsibilities of the Local Truck Driver CDL Class A Route Delivery
- Backing in and out of docks
- Drive CDL trucks to transport materials and equipment to specific route destinations
- Provide excellent customer service
- Checking mechanical aspects of the vehicle
- Reporting maintenance/repair issues on tractors and trailers
Requirements of the Local Truck Driver CDL Class A Route Delivery
- Current DOT Medical Card and be able to pass pre-employment DOT drug and criminal background screen
- Hold a valid Class A Commercial Driver´s License, with air brakes endorsement and you must be able to drive a manual transmission
- Be in excellent physical condition and be able to stand, sit, kneel, bend, lift, push, pull for extended periods and have normal use of senses
- Able to work in all types of environments and under difficult conditions; hot, cold, dust, indoors, outdoors
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S.
- Must be able to read, speak, write, and understand English
- Must pass pre-hire drug screen and physical
- Be able to lift, push, pull 65 pounds with no assistance
PHYSICAL ABILITIES commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, and use hands to grasp, manipulate or feel objects.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 65 pounds.
Please apply by forwarding your resume or call Recruiting Department 224-208-1739
Keywords: truck driver, driver, local truck driver, cdl driver, delivery driver, class a driver, cdl truck driver, cdl, local truck driver, local driver, route delivery, route driver