This position remotely controls and coordinates renewable power generation assets across the country and is similar to a load dispatcher or electrical operator.
What is in for the System Operator
You work in an environment that allows you to make decisions.
This is not a plant position but a control room in a corporate white-collar setting.
The position comes with salary, overtime, bonus, excellent benefits, matching 401K, and additional 5% contributed to your 401K. 3 weeks of vacation and more.
A training program which may lead to a NERC certificate (North American Electric Reliability Corporation)
Laid back (compared to nuclear navy) professional culture
True Growth potential. People I have been placed have been promoted into supervision, IT, project management, management, engineering and other roles
Responsible for the safe, efficient, and economical remote operation and monitoring of generating assets.
- Operate the generating assets in a manner that meets or exceeds all applicable local, state, and federal regulatory requirements.
- Collaborate with regional maintenance personnel to implement scheduled maintenance plans.
- Collaborate with regional maintenance personnel to implement grid restoration plans following disruptions to the regional electrical grids.
- Coordinate power sales and purchases with regional regulatory entities based on day ahead and real-time price schedules.
- Load Dispatching communications