Skoda Minotti is a top-100 business and financial advisory firm dedicated to Delivering on the Promise of helping our clients grow and achieve financial success. Our talent acquisition team is assisting one of our clients in their search for a Purchasing/Procurement Agent to join their growing team.
They are looking for a motivated and passionate individual, a thought leader with an entrepreneurial mindset. In this role, you will play a strategic role in their procurement process, working with people from departments across the company. You will assist end users in making strategic sourcing decisions and help choose new vendors. You will also assist in tracking our spending against our annual budget. This is an outstanding opportunity with a growing company on the east side of Cleveland.
This will be a time of dynamic growth, requiring timely, strategic decision making to inform, motivate, and energize stakeholders. Their active pipeline and fast pace provides an exciting opportunity to take on a key role where you will be able to significantly contribute to the strategy and initiatives within the procurement group. We are looking for someone to bring fresh perspectives and ideas as you partner with dynamic teams, and grow in your career. This opportunity will allow you to develop your problem solving abilities and learn new skills as they take on new challenges. The team is collaborative and focused on optimizing company processes for a more effective and efficient environment. As our client continues to grow, the position will evolve to respond to the needs of their company.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Manage, maintain, and drive process improvements for the entire procurement process including: developing bids, requests for proposals, and the signing of supply agreements with vendors
- Negotiate terms, ensuring the most favorable outcome for our client
- Seek, identify, evaluate and recommend appropriate primary suppliers and, when necessary, secondary suppliers
- Proactively identify new ways to achieve cost savings and operational efficiencies, such as consolidating contracts and recommending supply chain process improvements
- Using knowledge of industry best practices, identify trends and alternative vendor opportunities to support evolving business needs
- Track and trend internal purchasing activities
- Effectively participate in multi-departmental task teams to improve operations
- Collaborates with legal to develop and implement contract review and management strategies, policies and processes that promote consistent procedures, standardized agreements and uniform practices and throughout the company
- Effectively communicates procurement strategy, processes, and results to stakeholders and leadership – conducting meetings and reviews as necessary to drive timely procurement processes
- Collaborates with internal stakeholders to resolve supplier quality and/or services issues as appropriate
- Additional opportunities to work on new and on-going projects within the sourcing area
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 5 years’ procurement experience in manufacturing, compounding and ecommerce experience is ideal
- Experience with operations outside the USA is helpful
- Expertise in all aspects of the procurement function and workflow: vendor assessment, purchasing negotiations, reviewing contracts, consulting engagements, contract management, etc.
- Ability to analyze, review and advise on contract terms and conditions, and evaluate their impact on the business
- Possess strong communication and leadership skills
- Have knowledge of purchasing operations, including, but not limited to, vendor development, contract negotiation, procurement, and raw materials management
- Have a proven track record of managing vendor relationships demonstrating negotiated savings, high quality and service
- Possess strong interpersonal, influencing, problem solving and time management skills
- Have the ability to analyze financial data and advise employees on purchases
- Thought leadership and critical thinking are essential to the success of this role
- Savvy systems experience required
Only applicants of interest will be contacted.
Local candidates only, no relocation.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment, in accordance with the requirements of all applicable laws, including race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, military status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition.