Sr. Java Software Engineer (IoT, Cloud, Smart City)
Relocation expenses covered.
Cities are turning to smart technology to reduce utility costs, conserve energy, and improve quality of life. Our client delivers award-winning smart city technology, specializing in low-power smart infrastructure, smart metering, and other IoT smart city technology. They are hiring a Sr. Java Software Engineer to work on a proprietary SaaS cloud platform solution for an intelligent ecosystem of IoT devices and public infrastructure.
The Sr. Java Software Engineer will primarily develop applications within the cloud platform that will connect smart street lighting and energy infrastructure for smart cities. This person will have a high level of control over the scope and features of the cloud platform; this is a new team and new cloud platform within a highly funded and well-established company.
This Role Offers:
- Relocation expenses covered.
- Competitive base salary plus performance bonuses and benefits package, including medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(K) company match, and more.
- Opportunity to build software for the highly competitive smart city emerging technology space.
- Company has a strong customer base: over 30,000 system installations performed every year.
- Company recently landed several large contracts for major smart city retrofits.
- Highly experienced leadership and a culture of mentorship and innovation.
- Stable company with over 10 years of experience delivering smart city software and infrastructure.
- High level of control over project goals, process, and software platform features.
- Extensive company experience in project design, engineering, and smart technology integration.
- Opportunity to get in at the ground level in a project with heavy funding and strong executive support.
- Design code in Java for a new SaaS cloud platform, to be used for IoT data analytics, reporting, and smart infrastructure management.
- Design scalable multithreaded client/server applications.
- Build responsive RESTful web services with Spring framework and MongoDB or NoSQL database.
- Conduct system testing, debugging, and deployment of applications.
- Assist in defining project goals, and act as a technical resource as the team gathers business requirements.
- 4+ years of industry experience in software development, with recent experience in the IoT/M2M space.
- Degree in computer science, computer engineering, or a related field.
- Strong skills in Java, J2EE, and Spring (Boot/Cloud).
- Understanding of multitier architecture (n-tier architecture)
- Experience developing RESTful web services and APIs.
- Hands-on experience with MongoDB, Docker, and AWS.
- Database experience with Hadoop, MySQL, or NoSQL database.
- Other languages (C, C++, or Python) are a plus.
- Exposure to smart street lighting, low-power IoT devices, and other smart city emerging technologies is a strong plus.