Cisco Sales Engineer
Our client is a midsize standalone subsidiary of a multibillion-dollar parent communications company marketing Cisco products and solutions at the B2B level. Their Cisco Gold Partner certification has led to outstanding revenue growth within their sales team. They are hiring a Cisco Sales Engineer to provide the technical expertise to support the sales team as they grow the market share of Cisco products in leading sales regions.
The Cisco Sales Engineer will be the top technical resource within the sales team for high-value technology sales. They will provide technical guidance to sales managers and develop network designs to solve a wide range of customer network design challenges, including data centers, security, voice, and wireless networks.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus aggressive commissions and a full benefits package, including contributory healthcare plan, paid time off, and 401(k).
- Opportunity to work on mostly high-level, high-value customer deals.
- Thriving book of business of over 15,000 customers in the Northeast alone.
- Extensive support staff and resources available, including a technical demonstrations center, multimillion-dollar inventory of parts and equipment, award-winning regional sales managers, certified technicians, and supportive upper management.
- Tightly-knit, stable, family-oriented small-company culture backed with the buying power of a multibillion-dollar parent company.
- Company has 30-year history of strong growth; revenue more than doubled last year and is projected to double again within a year.
- Employee-centric culture: average tenure in the sales department is 12 years.
- Company holds Cisco Gold Partner and Cisco Master Collaboration Specialized Partner certifications.
- Relationships with multiple Fortune 500 companies in the wireless and networking space.
- Opportunity to work with top clients and Cisco’s industry-leading products and technology.
- Excellent industry reputation; company has earned recognition for customer satisfaction excellence by Cisco Systems and AT&T.
- Conduct customer technology evaluations and acting as the top technical subject matter expert during the sales process; cultivate relationships with end customers and provide technical expertise as their business networking needs change.
- Accompany sales managers during sales calls and demonstrations of company network solutions, and assist with presenting technology updates to existing customers.
- Understand customers’ networking challenges, and then build a complete product package to meet those needs and explain the benefits in terms of profitability to the customer.
- Use company’s extensive resources and materials to build innovative network designs that incorporate new solutions with customer’s existing network infrastructure.
- Create pricing documents, RFQs, and bills of material that accurately represent the project cost during negotiations with customers.
- Author design documentation, including network and configuration diagrams.
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, and roll-out teams as a liaison between the technical teams and sales teams.
- Full ownership of technical resources within the sales team.
- Travel: local/regional travel up to 20%.
- 5 years of experience in designing voice and network solutions for enterprise and large business clients.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training and experience.
- Cisco CCDA or higher is a strong plus.
- Technical background in enterprise-level networking, information security, Cisco collaboration, or data center.
- Sales experience, especially equipment sales, is a strong plus.
- Understanding of Cisco products, especially the design of data centers, security, voice, and wireless networks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including a sales mentality, strong technical presentation skills, and contract negotiation skills.
- Strong collaboration and teamwork skills.