Wireless Field Engineer (WiFi, 4G/LTE, Smart City)
Relocation expenses covered.
Cities are turning to smart technology to reduce utility costs, conserve energy, and improve quality of life. Our client delivers award-winning smart city technology, specializing in small cells, grid-independent street lighting, solar-powered retrofits, net-zero power systems, smart metering, and more. They are hiring a Wireless Field Engineer to deploy, monitor, and troubleshoot mobile and WiFi networks for smart city IoT technology.
The Wireless Field Engineer will specialize in monitoring VoWiFi networks, smart infrastructure, and RF equipment for the public sector. The hardware they work with will be integrated into smart cities, smart street lighting, smart networks, and solar powered technology.
This Role Offers:
- Relocation expenses covered.
- Competitive base salary plus performance bonuses and benefits package, including medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(K) company match, and more.
- Opportunity to work hands-on with highly competitive VoWiFi, smart city, and IoT/M2M emerging technology.
- Strong customer base: over 30,000 system installations performed every year.
- Highly experienced leadership and a culture of mentorship and innovation.
- Stable company with over 10 years of experience delivering smart city technology.
- Company recently landed several large contracts for major smart city retrofits.
- Opportunity to manage a team of contractors and vendors.
- High level of control over test procedures, process, equipment selection, and hardware design.
- Company has extensive experience in design, engineering, and smart technology implementation.
- Access to advanced electronics testing lab.
- Work with a team of engineers and project managers to deploy smart city infrastructure, including high-density networks for municipalities, solar powered IoT devices, and smart street lighting.
- Monitor performance of voice over WiFi (VoWiFi) and mobile network infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot systems and hardware in the field, and act as a technical resource for the team.
- Contribute to product discussions, and give feedback about flaws and improvement opportunities.
- Conduct board-level and systems-level testing in field and lab settings.
- Evaluate and tune performance for large distributed systems.
- Travel is approximately 40%.
- 3+ years of hands-on field engineering experience within the wireless/telecom industry, especially with RF equipment and WiFi/mobile networks.
- Understanding of telecom hardware, including microprocessors, CPU, PCBs, and chipsets.
- Understanding of RF technology and test equipment: antennas, small cells, spectrum analyzers, and network analyzers.
- Familiarity of WiFi technology and compliance standards (including VoWiFi).
- BSEE or equivalent experience in electronics engineering.
- Exposure to virtualized networks, wireless modules, smart metering, smart solar panels, and other emerging technologies is a plus.