Sr. Technical Project Manager (Telecom, Wireless Infrastructure, Data/Security Cabling, Fiber Optics)
Our client manages wireless/telecom infrastructure projects for top commercial and government clients in the Atlantic region. The private and public sector are growing fast, and this Technical Project Manager will oversee multimillion-dollar infrastructure projects. The Technical Project Manager will be supported by a team of assistant PMs, field technicians, electricians, and experienced senior management.
This role has high visibility and the opportunity to make a strong impact on the company’s direction, goals, and legacy. The person in this role will have flexible career advancement options, and the opportunity to mentor and be mentored by telecom industry veterans. Their projects include cabling, installation, IP security systems, IT solutions, and structural projects.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary, plus quarterly performance bonuses. Comprehensive benefits package includes health insurance, cell phone plan, mileage, and company expense account.
- Direct daily access to C-suite and directors.
- High number of certified PEs / professional engineers, RCDDs, and foremen in the team.
- Construction teams pass rigorous screening to meet high professional standards. The construction team consistently delivers excellent results and outstanding professionalism.
- Chance to build professional skillset as part of a team on the forefront of the newest technology in urban areas, including connected buildings, smart cities, IoT integration, high-security DoD projects, and world-class enterprise development.
- Freedom to control strategy, unlimited resources, and financial outcome for high-profile client projects. Direct impact on company direction and goals.
- Excellent reputation in the telecom infrastructure industry, with exponential customer demand growth in high-density, high-traffic urban areas.
- Many industry awards and a diverse range of public and private sector projects, including the fast-growing Washington DC market.
- Career advancement and mentorship, plus opportunities to mentor assistant PMs and other team members. Strong internal support, including a dedicated team of technical personnel.
- Strong company commitment to safety and exceptional quality standards.
- Manage high-profile structural cabling and telecom construction projects, ranging from $100K to $10+ million.
- Collaborate on some of the most important cable and telecom projects in the Washington DC area, regularly meeting with top commercial and federal clients – from world-class enterprise clients to high-level federal and DoD high-security projects.
- Work with high-profile telecom infrastructure technology, including smart buildings. IoT/M2M metering, smart grids, connected buildings, new cabling techniques, and innovative structures.
- Coordinate resources and personnel, including a team of assistant PMs and support personnel.
- Negotiate contracts and prepare estimates. Set objectives, timeline, budget, and performance standards. Track progress with clients, vendors, and construction teams.
- Oversee project documentation and reporting. Close out projects and finalize documentation for invoicing, site walks, and deliverable packages.
- 4+ years of project management experience, with a background in telecommunications, wireless infrastructure, construction, or structured cabling projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, a related technical field, or equivalent industry experience.
- Leadership and team management experience.
- Can effectively communicate with a wide range of cross-functional team members: high-profile clients, construction teams, engineers, vendors, customers, public utilities, and more.
- Microsoft Office, including Visio, SharePoint, or similar project management software.
- Industry certifications (such as PMP, RCDD, or PE license) are a plus.