Great Growth Potential!
Great opportunity for a Senior Accountant in Rochester, MN. Our client, a large industrial manufacturing company, is looking for a key employee to help provide for the development, maintenance, and implementation of system and process improvements for financial tracking. The position is also responsible for monthly, quarterly and yearly financial planning, product line profitability, product costing, inventory valuation, tooling tracking, and other ad hoc reporting in a complex manufacturing environment.
MAJOR DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform month end close activities related to Cost Accounting.
- Set up new raw material, packaging, WIP, and FG items; create and maintain production BOMs; maintain periodic cost rolls/updates.
- Analyze changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods, or services provided, to determine effects on costs. Analyzes actual production costs and prepares periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs.
- Develop and maintain standard costs of finished goods and production components in a worldwide ERP system.
- Maintain and improve processes and controls associated with manufacturing costs and inventory valuation.
- Lead and manage the quarterly excess and obsolete inventory review process.
- Ensure validity and accuracy of ERP through analysis, internal audit, and coordination with inventory control, production and work order processing.
- Represent Finance/Accounting on teams designed to improve operations, reduce costs, etc.
- Assist in development and maintenance cost allocation methodology; including development of standard labor and overhead rates by work center/department.
- Perform data mining in Enterprise Resource Planning system (ORACLE) and create ad hoc reports as requested.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE / SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance from a four-year college / university.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in accounting.
- Strong cost accounting experience in a manufacturing environment or a lean/continuous improvement methodology and culture.
- Previous business intelligence software, including query and report building and analysis along with multidimensional database experience focusing on budgeting and financial planning.
- ORACLE experience a plus.
- Excellent verbal, written and analytical skills required.
- Proficient with MS Excel, Word and Access.
- Strong interpersonal and management skills.