Sr. Operations Manager
Are you looking to expand your manufacturing operations and production expertise and leverage lean/continuous improvement focus to increase efficiencies?
This critical role reporting to the Business Unit VP and is responsible for all areas of operations - production, manufacturing engineering, planning, purchasing, inventory management, facilities, EH&S, and shipping and receiving. Seeking someone with a high level of management expertise and organizational skills to lead initiatives to achieve operational excellence including:
• Provide leadership and guidance to production of specialty optical fibers, fiber optic coils, fiber assemblies, and fiber components to meet and exceed revenue targets while maintaining and improving quality and on-time delivery.
• Manage with and through department managers/supervisors and execute to the annual operating plan, business objectives, and key initiatives.
• Contribute to developing long-terms plans for equipment and staffing to meet future revenues.
• Foster a Lean manufacturing culture and a systems-driven approach to manufacturing, planning, and purchasing utilizing Oracle, Agile, and manufacturing databases. Ensure the accuracy of these systems and leverage them for operating efficiency.
• Responsible for the overall production, quality, and timely delivery of products within established budgets and goals.
• Responsible for all phases of manufacturing efficiency, including control of costs, inventory, burden rate, and material and manufacturing variances.
• Establish quantitative and qualitative metrics, guidelines, and standards by which the company’s efficiency and effectiveness can be evaluated; identify opportunities for improvement.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
•10 or more years of progressive operations experience in a materials processing and manufacturing industry
• A leader who welcomes change, fosters a positive work environment, and leads by example to promote a culture that encourages top performance.
• Strong leadership, negotiation, communication, and listening skills are a must.
• Sound decision-making skills with attention to detail and consideration of different perspectives.
• Demonstrated hands-on experience in Lean Manufacturing and continual improvement with a focus on improving product flow, eliminating bottlenecks, improving efficiency, and reducing lead times
• Well-versed with ERP, MRP, and PDM suites, preferably Oracle and Agile.
• Bachelor’s degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering. Master’s degree in Engineering or Business preferred.
If you are looking to take your career to the next level…reach out to Jeanine Ellison at email@example.com or call at 847.550.1300 x44