Staff Accountant sought. Near-downtown Columbus, growing CPA firm seeking a accounting graduate - who would like to begin their career with a public accounting firm, an opportunity to do tax, accounting and audit roles, and receive hands on-training from a young manager committed to your learning what's needed to do in each service. Work involves both for-profit and non-profit entities, corporate and individual returns, and the opportunity to learn and work as well as enjoy the downtown Columbus environment. Position will be eligible for performance-based increases regularly.
Significant advantages for Staff Accountant candidate:
> Opportunities to learn in both tax and accounting and assurance services
> Chance to build small business relationships with business owners
> Significant support for the pursuit of CPA license
> Mentor relationship with CPA manager
> Energetic and engaged work environment with time for a social life, and
> Competitive compensation and benefits package with opportunities for more money.
The Role of the Staff Accountant:
- Learn to handle tax returns from individuals initially, and eventually other tax returns, including corporate, partnership, trust, and non-profit
- Develop tax research skills with ready access to guidance on more complex issues
- Work with clients in a variety of central-Ohio based industries, most significantly medicine and construction
- Participate in regular tax-related seminars for staff development
- Develop and maintain client relationships