Project Engineer (Injection Molding, Mold Design, Plastics)
Our client is the top provider of maintenance and monitoring products for the molding/tooling industry. Their end clients include molders, OEMs, and mold builders for components used in the production of medical devices, mobile phones, cosmetics, and many other plastics. Their solutions protect valuable equipment assets, reduce downtime, and optimize performance. They are hiring a Project Engineer to support mold design and injection molding projects.
The Project Engineer is a key member of the engineering team, with responsibility for product designs and technical molding projects. They will work with top engineers and salespeople to provide technical support and outstanding product design for manufacturing and molding equipment.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus commission, annual bonuses, medical and dental healthcare plan including wellness benefits, company match 401(k), and additional perks.
- Company culture of investing in employee through training and continuing education.
- Experienced and knowledgeable reporting manager who is one of the top technical experts in the industry.
- Company is growing much faster than the industry average.
- Pure engineering and design position to develop engineering career by immediately working on a variety of viable projects and products.
- Resources to develop deep technical skills and industry knowledge.
- Small, collaborative engineering team and engineer-centric company culture.
- Freedom over product designs, projects, and technical strategy.
- Lots of support and training resources available for someone who wants to learn and fast track their engineering.
- Supportive upper management and staff in engineering, customer services, and R&D.
- Regular opportunities to participate in trade shows, national and international industry conferences, and other high-visibility events.
- Design and model products and drafts in SolidWorks, and work with R&D team on new engineering projects.
- Create project documentation and set deadlines, budgets, and action items for each project.
- Generate models of manufacturing and molding/tooling products, including product geometry, and work with other internal teams to get designs approved and implemented.
- Answer technical questions from clients, submit catalog information, and take product measurements.
- Collaborate with team to execute ECNs (engineering change notices).
- Maintain design standards and technical documentation.
- 4+ years of industry experience in injection molding, mold design/repair, tooling, plastics, or mold components.
- BS in mechanical engineering.
- Strong skills in 3D mechanical design with SolidWorks; proficiency with AutoCAD product design/drafting.
- Understanding of mold design process and industrial automation.
- Go-getter, adaptable personality with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Desire to learn; willingness to be mentored and coached.