Sr. Network Architect (VoWiFi, Cloud, Mobility)
Cities are turning to smart technology to reduce utility costs, conserve energy, and improve quality of life. Our client is a market-leading provider of cloud communications, grid-independent smart city technology, small cells, and more. They are hiring a Sr. Network Architect to design and build large-scale networks designed to run smart IoT technology in high-density urban areas.
The Sr. Network Architect will plan, build, and optimize infrastructure for the modern smart city. Their work will connect stationary hotspots, mobile networks, and cloud infrastructure. This person will have a high level of responsibility for virtualized network technology performance.
This Role Offers:
- Competitive base salary plus performance bonuses and benefits package, including health insurance, 401(K), relocation expenses, and more.
- Opportunity to work hands-on with highly competitive emerging technology, including VoWiFi/VoLTE, smart solar, smart city, small cell, and industrial IoT/M2M.
- Strong network engineering budget, with extensive support resources and staff, as well as the latest tools and protocols in the industry
- Strong customer base: over 30,000 system installations performed every year.
- Highly experienced leadership and a culture of mentorship and innovation.
- Stable company with over 10 years of experience delivering solar and smart technology.
- Company is result-focused, anti-bureaucracy, and anti-red-tape
- Opportunity to train, coach, and mentor top talent within the network engineering team.
- Company recently landed several large contracts for major smart city retrofits.
- Company is privately held, stable, debt-free, and has strongly diversified financials
- Many career advancement options, including internal promotions, company-sponsored industry certifications, and tuition reimbursement.
- High degree of visibility and authority; this person will be one of the top engineers in the department, including whiteboard discussions surrounding design implementation of entire network ecosystems.
- Design wireless and smart city network architecture as part of high-density networks for municipalities.
- Design, deploy, configure, and optimize performance of large-scale wireless networks.
- Create security policies for firewalls and routers/switches. Continuously improve network security according to industry best practices.
- Analyze client networks to resolve issues related to traffic flow, security, and network capacity.
- Resolve high-level tickets and act as the escalation point for junior team members.
- Advise field technicians on troubleshooting strategy, monitoring, and performance optimization.
- 5+ years of experience building network architecture for the wireless/telecom industry, with advanced experience in large-scale networks. Experience working with public sector or municipal clients is ideal.
- Degree in network engineering, information systems, or computer science.
- Cisco certifications are a strong plus.
- Technical understanding of WLANs, RANs, public APIs, WiFi access, data offloading, mobility, and roaming.
- Network analysis and embedded packet capture experience.
- Some exposure to VoWiFi, IoT/M2M, smart metering, solar panel inverters, and other emerging technologies is a strong plus.