MISSION: Eihab Human Services (Eihab) aims to help physically and intellectually challenged individuals (many of whom live in underserved communities) lead fulfilling, productive lives through high-quality, compassionate support.
BACKGROUND: Eihab is a multilingual, multicultural not-for-profit organization founded in 1997 to provide a voice for children and adults with developmental disabilities and behavioral health challenges. Based in New York City, Eihab also operates subsidiary programs in Pennsylvania.
The multidisciplinary staff of clinicians, administrators, social workers, and direct support professionals work together to deliver exemplary care and person-centered planning, fostering greater independence and community inclusion for the many individuals they serve. Eihab provides a wide array of services to support families and individuals including day habilitation, residential services, job readiness programs, respite, and community habilitation.
THE OPPORTUNITY: The Executive Director will work with the Board and staff to collectively develop a strategic and business plan to propel the organization forward. In partnership with the Board, the Executive Director will increase visibility and awareness of Eihab, forge and foster relationships with government agencies, referral sources, funders, and community partners, and serve as an ambassador for the organization. The Executive Director will alert the Board to business development opportunities for expanding outreach and services. He/she/they will also ensure that programs and services are consistent with the agency’s core mission and meet the highest possible quality standards and measurable outcomes.
The Executive Director reports to an actively engaged and voluntary Board of Directors. Reporting to the Executive Director is a team of 280 full-time, 203 part-time, and 172 per diem employees.
This is an opportunity for the successful candidate to build upon the initial vision of the agency’s founder, deliver successful, high-quality programs and services, and further a track record of growth and expansion. The Eihab organization culture is one of genuine caring and respect and is described by many as a “family-oriented culture”.
FUNDING: Eihab has a current annual operating budget of approximately $30M. The primary sources of revenue are public grant and contracts, primarily OPWDD and other state and federal funding agencies.
- Commitment to the Eihab mission.
- Extensive track record of effective senior leadership in a not-for-profit human service organization or equivalent government experience. Experience working with individuals diagnosed with developmental disabilities is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and effectively with a volunteer board of directors.
- A strategic thinker capable of forecasting short- and long-term objectives.
- A connector and networker.
- Successful experience working with development teams to securing private philanthropic support.
- Strong business and financial management skills.
- Current with trends facing human service providers and the New York State I/DD regulatory environment.
- Commitment to best practices, continuous quality improvement, and outcomes measurement.
- Experience with marketing/branding/positioning.
- Well-honed relationship-building skills.
- Polished communication and presentation skills.
- A team builder and motivator.
- A track record of recruiting, fostering, and advancing a diverse team with a focus on equity, inclusion, access, and belonging.
- A pledge to treating staff, clients, and families with compassion, dignity, and respect.
- A warm, approachable personal style.
- Sound judgment, integrity, and maturity.
- Ability and willingness to attend community events (including some evening and weekend activities) and to serve as a visible member of and spokesperson to the community served by Eihab.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; an advanced degree is desirable. Individuals with a combination of relevant education and experience will also be considered.
Please click here to view the complete position description.