At IRI, we deliver growth to clients based on big data—our predictive analytics and forward-thinking insights help CPG, OTC, health care, retailers, and media companies remain relentlessly relevant, capture marketing share, connect with consumers, and deliver market-leading growth. The convergence of our proprietary, on-demand cloud-based technology and our client-focused colleagues leads to a seismic shift in drivers of success in all industries.
For IRI colleagues, we focus on the moments that matter. From meaningful work and impact to continuous improvement we challenge ourselves to grow both professionally and personally. You’ll feel a true sense of connection and purpose in your work and will craft the direction of your career in a highly personalized way. No matter the department you join, you’ll find yourself constantly growing and developing the skills of the future to deliver client growth. We believe in the undeniable strength that diverse people, culture, thought and skill bring to our business, our clients, our people and our communities. We are committed to nurturing a dynamic culture that embraces and celebrates openness, collaboration, creativity, equity, inclusivity and growth for all.
Sampling & Projections
Sampling & Projections (S&P) is a collaborative, multi-functional team within the Global Operations division, that works to deliver value to its customers by enabling them to make better, faster decisions. Statistics-based methodologies and programs are executed by S&P in conjunction with the raw data supplied by retailers to project product sales across geographies within the United States and used by all IRI clients. Other production activities include providing information support materials and maintaining the universe of stores across all outlets. Our team culture is energetic, with emphasis on continuous improvement and skill growth.
S&P also plays an integral role in developing new products and services which are offered within multiple delivery platforms, including the renowned IRI Liquid Data (ILD) platform, for numerous data types (Point of Sale, Ecommerce, Consumer Panel, and more). As new or revised systems are created, S&P plays a lead role in ensuring that data can be accessed by coordinating the required solutions with other internal organizations.
- Execute standard work with a high degree of quality to support weekly and ad hoc deliverables.
- Interact with internal teams at multiple levels to plan and organize work and projects.
- Utilize IRI tools to accurately create geography and projection information.
- Understand S&P's internal/external clients and our role in supporting them.
- Investigate and resolve issues as needed.
- Develop educational materials for use by IRI teams and clients.
- Create and maintain process documentation to ensure clear and consistent operating procedures.
- Support offshore teams to ensure deadlines and quality standards are met.
- Focus on continuous improvement, looking for ways to enhance tools and processes.
- Represent S&P as part of cross-functional project teams to plan and execute process, functionality and product enhancements.
- Work routinely with Client Service, Delivery Teams, Product Management, Data Sciences, and Engineering, many of whom may be in leadership positions.
- Display management qualities and adaptability to pick up information in a fast-paced environment and quickly transition to managing individual components of S&P processes.
- Bachelor's degree from a recognized institution
- Minimum of 2 years professional experience, preferably in Operations or a related field (1+ year experience in CPG, Retail or Consulting is desirable)
- Ability to assess issues, involve the right stake holders, make decisions and find resolution effectively and independently
- Positive attitude; self-motivating; team player; enjoys learning; creative thinker
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Strong problem solving, analytical, organizational, and time management skills
- Able to balance and prioritize multiple tasks in order to meet deadlines; proactive follow-up
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office software some macro knowledge and/or Microsoft Teams knowledge a plus
- Linux and Python skills a plus
- Limited evening / weekend work
As one of the original innovators in Big Data, IRI integrates the world’s largest set of otherwise disconnected purchase, media, social, causal and loyalty data to help CPG, retail, over-the-counter health care and media companies grow their businesses. We combine this data with predictive analytics to uncover new consumer insights and integrate them on the most technologically-advanced, cloud-based visualization platform. Learn more about us
We offer a comprehensive benefit package (health, paid time off, 401(k), etc.) with additional unconventional offerings such as volunteer time off, flexible work arrangements, virtual doctor access, etc., along with the unrivaled benefit of working with our people - the best in the business.
We’re thrilled we get to work on the most interesting business challenges facing the CPG and retail industries. We regularly uncover new “aha moments!” by closely collaborating with our colleagues and developing competencies centered around the following values: Integrity, Servant Leadership, Inclusivity, Accountability, Discipline, Entrepreneurship, and Respect.
IRI is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: DOL Poster. IRI is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to Talent.Acquisition@iriworldwide.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.