||Immediate 1 year position available in Birmingham, AL.|
Summary of Position Duties:
- This position provides support to the Schatz Grid Visualization and Analytics Center (SGVAC) within the Research & Development Department.
- The SGVAC is an innovation center that facilitates the research, pre-operational development and assessment and demonstration of situational awareness technologies for Transmission and Distribution.
- Areas of focus include synchrophasor technology, next generation control center functionalities, cyber security testing, new visualization approaches, DERMS platform evaluation, data analytics as well as modeling and simulation including via a Real Time Digital Simulator (RTDS) with hardware-in-the-loop testing capability.
- Knowledge of power systems, databases, data structures, computer networking is desirable as well as an aptitude to apply engineering analysis to solve problems.
- Major in Electrical Engineering preferred
- Specialization in Power Systems desired
- Advanced degree preferred
- Experience with computer programming (C++, C#, Visual Basic, Java) a plus
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Support research plan to evaluate new technologies
- Manage research projects
- Manage multiple tasks at one time
- Provide informative reports and presentations on projects
- Some overnight travel may be required but this is not extensive
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Good organizational skills
- Good analytical skills as well as the ability to manage multiple efforts simultaneously
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to manage own work schedule and work with limited direction
- Problem Solving Skills
If you already have a resume on file with The E Group and would like to be considered for this position, simply email your note of interest to The E Group at Marion@goegroup.com.
Why Choose The E Group? We are an award winning firm recognized for having an outstanding reputation with our clients and employees. All contractors are eligible for full group health and dental benefits, 401K with matching, and various insurances. Generous living expenses are given to help those who relocate or have duplicate housing. Unique Perks available to those assigned in Birmingham, Alabama: Fully Furnished Townhomes available on a first come, first served basis; complimentary on-site banking available to all.
For immediate consideration simply attach your resume to this posting or email your resume to Marion@goegroup.com. All applicants will receive feedback once position closes.