Head LAB – FMCG India
Our client : A consistent player in the FMCG industry had successfully imprinted their mark on their share of category globally.
Your role : The incumbent would be overseeing the daily operations and staff for the analytical testing laboratory within an ISO 17025 environment, including chemistry, residue on food and agricultural commodities, as well as food regulatory consulting services . The scope of work includes:
- Managing analytical laboratory staff, including prioritizing daily work and projects for the as well as label review team.
- Overseeing all people management for the analytical lab, including hours’ management, hiring, personnel development, performance evaluation and training.
- Providing technical and quality oversight of chemistry, residue of food and agricultural commodities; includes validating test results and working proactively with staff and clients to ensure quality, accuracy and efficiency in all processes.
- Responsible for analytical lab P&L including increasing revenue and managing expenses to maintain an expected level of profitability.
- Responsible for shelf life validation and sensory evaluation of existing and newly developed products.
- Implementing routine methods for food, crop, feed, and ingredient testing. Methods may include analytical, microbial, or other chemical techniques.
- Ensure adherence to SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) and ISO 17025 accreditation.
- Responsible for updating analytical lab quality system, including SOPs.
- Ensuring proficiency testing and internal quality control performed in lab is of acceptable quality.
- Improving testing techniques involving efficiency, accuracy and scope of testing services that add value to the stakeholders and company.
Must have :
- Doctorate in Food chemistry / biochemistry/ with instrumentation knowledge
- Minimum 18-20 years of experience in Managing a Lab
- Ability to develop testing protocols through experimentation is required.
- Ability to gather and review resources and select and synthesize data for reports and other written materials.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to make sound suggestions or recommendations.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills needed to balance multiple projects and changing priorities.
Managing Expectations : At mindfield we are driven by mutually agreed KPIs and service levels. Exceptional results can only be delivered when we understand both our key stakeholders clients and candidates. Keeping this in mind we would request that when applying for a role do take cognizance of the “must haves” to avoid disappointment. Sometimes positions take time to close and there could be delay in us responding to you but respond we will. Look forward to a long term relationship. …..mindfield ..making a difference .