Job Title: Burr Bench Operator
Date Posted: 10/28/2019
Location: Lubbock, TX
Job Type: Contract Full-Time
Immediate 6 month position available in Lubbock, TX.
The Role: Seeking to hire a Temporary Burr Bench Operator to perform deburring, under filing, polishing and balancing operations on pump impellers of various metallurgies.
- Please note typical work week is Monday-Thursday 3:30pm-4am.
- Steel toe boots will be required; all other PPE will be provided by client.
- Candidates need to be physically fit for role.
- Candidates desired with backgrounds in roofing, machine shop, and/or production
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Maintain high safety standards and follow all company safety rules
- Balance impellers on balancing machines.
- Clean impellers with files and pneumatic grinders to smooth surfaces
- Under file and polish impellers following engineering chart or PIR instructions
- Select correct arbor and bearing segments and set machines for balancing
- Use standard setup sheets or make new setup sheets, recording machine adjustments for impellers not previously balanced
- Set machine in operation to determine out of balance sections
- Calculate amount of stock to grind to remove stock.
- Utilize provided PPE when grinding (protective face hood, safety glasses, cut-resistant gloves, ear plugs, apron, sleeves) as well as employee owned metatarsal guard safety shoes.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification
- High School Diploma / GED
- 6 months industrial/manufacturing experience desirable
- Ability to communicate with people and follow verbal and written instructions
- Should be able to learn to understand and apply the principals involved in the operation of the dynamic balancing and under filing operations, and apply these principles in balancing and under filing various sized impellers.
- Use shop arithmetic and make simple calculations, and read curves.
- Work in standing or sitting position 10 hours/shift
- Considerable arm movement
- Work requires:
- Considerable arm movement
- Close attention to lifting and handling of medium weight parts up to 35 lbs.
- Heavy parts raised to position with chain hoist
- Average shop conditions with some temperature variations due to seasons
- Subjected to noisy environment requires wearing of ear plugs.
- Standard PPE required: safety glasses or safety goggles, face shield, ear plugs, safety shoes with toe and metatarsal guards, gloves and protective apron and/or sleeves (provided by company except for shoes)
If you already have a resume on file with The E Group and would like to be considered for this position, simply email your note of interest to The E Group at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why Choose The E Group? We are an award winning firm recognized for having an outstanding reputation with our clients and employees. All contractors are eligible for full group health and dental benefits, 401K with matching, and various insurances. Generous living expenses are given to help those who relocate or have duplicate housing.
For immediate consideration simply attach your resume to this posting or email your resume to email@example.com. All applicants will receive feedback once position closes.