American Bin & Conveyor
Engineering Manager Job Description
As a leader in the bulk material handling industry that provides exceptional experience, knowledge, and dedication including the ability to design custom projects, our company is seeking an experienced Engineering Manager. Responsible for developing, directing and overseeing the day-to-day activities of the growing engineering department.
- Directly supervise engineering department, engineers, draftsmen and support staff to ensure the team is operating at the highest high level of performance
- Manage day-to-day operations of the Engineering team. Assigns workload making best use of the team members’ capacity and skillsets
- Provides phased estimates of all engineering work in process.
- Manages all engineering projects and resolves engineering problems.
- Provides and coordinates engineering department design expertise in response to sales order specifications.
- Responsible for providing engineering quotes, pricing, and design based on customer specifications.
- Perform capacity planning and provide solutions to meet continued growth.
- Establishes objectives, set department goals, schedules and priorities, and reviews staff.
- Establishes standards for output and quality for the engineering team.
- Hires, trains and mentors other engineers and supporting staff
- Ensures continuous improvement in process, cost, quality, efficiency and production.
- Investigates, evaluates and determines appropriate tools, standards and processes for the engineering function
- Coordinates activities of department with other units or organizations
- Evaluate the results of engineering projects regularly and reports these results to the executive team
- Ensure exceptional quality of all deliverables, both internal and external
- Bachelor’s degree in structural or mechanical engineering
- Minimum of 15 years engineering experience with 5 years managing engineers and technical staff; preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with conveyors, material handling equipment, or material processing equipment, particularly in the mining or mineral processing industries required.
- Strong leadership, deep practical engineering knowledge and a proven track record for timely project delivery.
- Proficient with AutoCAD and Inventor software.Tekla, RISA, Prosteel software experience a plus.
- Proven experience in managing complex design projects
- Excellent ability to multi-task, prioritize and adapt to shifting priorities.
- Must be able to handle a wide work variety and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Ability to develop relationships with employees and customers
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills and the ability to think independently.
- Must be a detail-oriented, organized, self-starter, and have an ability to prioritize workload
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, Access and Outlook
- Some travel will be required