Webuild (www.webuildstaffing.com) is seeking a Director of Construction to build and manage single family, residential development operations within the Los Angeles (Santa Monica, Malibu, Thousand Oaks, Calabasas, Beverly Hills) marketplaces..
The ideal individual would have minimum of 10+ years of construction management and/or director level experience in the residential construction industry overseeing the day to day management of all construction operations for production and custom home building services to clients.
The Director of Construction will work directly with the Vice President of Construction in providing organizational leadership to all field operations, including design, production, quality assurance, warranty and customer service; ensuring that all residential construction projects are completed in a timely and quality manner. Playing an integral role in ensuring the organizations construction operations run efficiently throughout the Los Angeles Marketplaces (Coastal and Inland)).
Responsibilities will include:
- Working with the Vice President of Construction to develop, implement and achieve the operating goals of the organization within the purchasing, estimating, construction, safety and customer care departments
- Managing all Project Managers and field staff including recruiting, hiring, training, and, if necessary, firing staff.
- Monitoring all construction activities; project bids, schedules, budgets, production, quality and management of trade partners, ensuring a high level of communication and accountability.
- Continuously source new suppliers and contractors to help reduce cost and improve quality / turnaround of construction; ensure contractors are properly skilled and licensed prior to starting jobs. Manage all contracts for jobs.
- Developing, implementing and managing customer satisfaction and quality programs to continually improve product and satisfaction ratings for the company. Conduct numerous quality control inspections as needed.
- Collaborating with other members of management in the creation of product to bring an in-depth understanding of marketplaces, up-to-date consumer preferences and competition.
- Driving forward value-engineering efforts to ensure the most cost-effective product. Provide recommendations to reduce costs and work
- Providing oversight implementation of operations software, technology advances and efficiencies for construction.
Requires Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Business Administration, Engineering or related discipline. Excellent written and verbal communications abilities, as well as, competency with MS Office products, estimating and project management software.
Position will be focused on providing oversight to construction operations in the Coastal Communities Initially. Candidates that live in Santa Monica, Thousand Oaks, Calabasas Marketplaces encouraged to apply. Should you live in another part of the area, Los angeles, Long Beach, Oxnard, Orange County, etc.; the employer is open to providing telecommuting and/or relocation assistance as needed.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a seasoned development professional, general contractor and/or existing production home construction director to lead operations in the Southern California marketplace for one of the fastest growing organizations in California.