The Program Manager coordinates and monitors the scheduling, technical performance and overall management of the Maui Facility Maintenance Contract
- Responsible for managing overall program/division to deliver products/services to the customer on time and within stated business objectives.
- Develop program assessment protocols for division/section evaluation and improvement.
- Conduct final review of all artifacts submitted to the government for completeness, quality and all associated (and implied) requirements.
- Plans and tracks program resources and ensure managing to budget constraints.
- Builds effective team with strong morale
- Communicates a clear vision to ensure line of sight to program goals for key program participants
- Ensures adherence to plans and schedules; develops solutions to program problems and directs work of employees assigned to program from various projects.
- Acts as advisor to program team regarding projects, tasks, and operations.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected with minimum to no supervision.
- Capable of writing and reviewing Statements of Work for construction related projects
- Other duties may be assigned.
This position will manage overall program performance and perform exempt level decision making including interviewing, hiring, terminating, performance reviews, and performance corrections. This position has the responsibility and authority to carry out assigned tasks.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to review documents for technical quality and project requirements.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Position requires interaction within the department on routine matters and externally through purchasing and property personnel.
- Requires the use of judgment to plan, perform; general decisions are made to solve a problem or select a course of action for a standard or recognized method of operation.
- Ability to interpret work requests and develop statements of work for them
- 10 years’ experience in facility maintenance/construction related field.
- 2 years experience performing BOS Program Management/supervision within DoD Contractor or similar commercial experience
- Familiarity with the FAR and DoD Facility Operations and Maintenance policies and procedures
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Government Security Clearance.
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- This position requires a strong attention to detail and follow through, use of independent judgment, and excellent communication and people management skills.
A fast paced multi-tasking customer service oriented environment requiring a high degree of efficient and effective performance. Adaptability regarding schedule and task changes is necessary to accommodate changing priorities. Overtime may be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.