The purpose of this job is to provide project and program management and subject matter expertise for developing new logistics support solutions for the Navy and its fleets.
Duties and Responsibilities
The job duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage the execution and financial status of software and training development projects in coordination with the prime contractor, US Fleet Forces Command, NAVWAR, government employees, other partners and contractors, and other activities associated with logistics support solutions.
- Provide technical subject matter expertise (SME) in support of the Fleet's development of new logistics support solutions.
- Attend meetings, demonstrations, and conferences to collect requirements and provide SME advice and technical guidance.
- Create contract deliverable documents and provide periodic updates to management.
- Monitor customer evaluations and responses and recommend actions for company improvement.
- Provide strategic guidance, solution determination, integration planning, dependency analysis, financial forecasts, and risk management.
- Provide guidance and assistance on bid/no-bid decisions, technical and cost proposals, contract set-up, and program organization.
- Work with Human Resources Manager on employee recruiting and development/retention.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Education, Experience, & Certification:
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or a related field.
- 5 years of experience in program management as a military officer, DoD civilian, or DoD contractor.
- Experience in management of complex military-technical programs supporting supply or maintenance operations using information technology.
- Experience with government contracting is desired, especially in understanding various contracting vehicles (FFP, T&M, etc.).
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is desired.
Minimum Skills, Knowledge, & Abilities:
- Must have subject matter expertise in one or more areas of fleet business practices and logistics support.
- Must have the ability to communicate professionally, concisely, and effectively, both verbally and in writing, with the Echelon I enterprise solutions leads, fleet management, customers, peers, and partners.
- Must have expertise with Microsoft Office applications, especially Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Must be able to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Must be able to guide a team of software and training curriculum developers to meet project goals while maintaining a professional and courteous manner.
- Must be able to travel as required.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen who is willing to obtain and hold a DoD security clearance.