The Accounting Specialist will gather data, calculate charges and fees, and create invoices for billing purposes to and from vendors in contractor support. This position requires administrative support to the Operations Manager and performs functions consistent with accounting and bookkeeping along with various administrative duties.
- Experienced with Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) Accounting practices
- Performs job cost accounting duties
- Performs purchasing audits and vendor sourcing to increase logistic efficiencies
- Verifies vendor invoice documents for accuracy and reconciles accordingly
- Verifies accuracy of billing data, correcting any errors.
- Creates itemized statements, bills, invoices, and other necessary billing documents, which may require calculation of credit terms, shipping charges, discounts, and costs of goods.
- Records amounts due for items purchased or services rendered.
- Performs general bookkeeping work, which may include entering data and maintaining records, invoices, and supporting documents of amounts due for items purchased or services rendered.
- Generates shipping labels and billing documents.
- Contacts customers to obtain, verify, and update account information when necessary.
- Records numerical and financial data to produce financial records.
- Ensures financial data is entered correctly and accurately.
- Generates accounting and audit reports for cash receipts, accounts payable and receivable, expenditures, and profits and losses.
- Reconciles and reports differences or issues found in financial records.
- Maintains files and filing systems in accordance with departmental policies and procedures.
- Calculates, prepares, issues, and/or submits bills, invoices, and other payment records for billable documents or services.
- Produces reports and statistical data as needed.
- Performs administrative and secretarial duties as required.
- As needed, serves as the receptionist for the office, greeting visitors and applicants.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Basic understanding of clerical and administrative procedures.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to solve problems as they arise.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and financial data analysis.
- Ability to efficiently operate a 10-key calculator or equivalent and other related office equipment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Associates degree or vocational school training preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience required.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at a time.